Back to Real Life!

It honestly takes me a week to recover after coming home from a big vacation. Such was the case this past week. We went from 85 degree weather in Oahu to below freezing her in Utah.Needless to say I prefer the warmer weather icon smile Back to Real Life! !

We had a wonderful time in Hawaii. We stayed with my daughter-in-law’s family who moved there two years ago. (They are moving back next month and will once again be our neighbors here in Utah!) A few days before we left, a coworker said to Stefyn, “Wow–your family really likes to go on vacations a lot.” Stefyn’s reply is priceless: “We don’t like to go on vacations–we like to build memories!”

Who would have known we could build a snowman in Hawaii?

web hawaii snowman 620x413 Back to Real Life!

Here are some of my favorite moments:

Collin learning how to surf. (Sage also had a lesson too and got up the first time!)

web snorkeling 533x800 Back to Real Life!

Sage and Brecken snorkeling:

web hawaii snorkeling1 620x413 Back to Real Life!

Kade and Taylor enjoying their first Christmas together as newlyweds:

web hawaii kade and tay 620x413 Back to Real Life!

Kade, Sage and Brecken waiting for the waves to crash on them:

web hawaii wave 620x413 Back to Real Life!

Sage spending every spare minute in the water:

web hawaii sage 620x413 Back to Real Life!

Brecken and Zach (Taylor’s brother) jumping off China Wall:

web brecken jumping 620x413 Back to Real Life!

Finally (after many tries with no luck getting tickets), a boat ride to the USS Arizona at Pearl Harbor. Very sacred, hallowed ground:

web hawaii arizona 620x413 Back to Real Life!

The hike to the top of Cocoa Head Crater–1048 hard, steep steps on railroad ties (I was in some serious thigh pain after the hike and it lasted for most the trip!):

web stairs kade and sage 620x465 Back to Real Life!

web stairs 620x465 Back to Real Life!

Thanks for letting me share my memories with you.

I’m off to CHA for a few days where i’ll hang out with my pals Kerri Bradford and Becky Higgins! I’ll share cool findings with you next week!

Have a great weekend!

facebook Back to Real Life!twitter Back to Real Life!google plus Back to Real Life!share save 171 16 Back to Real Life!

10 Responses to “Back to Real Life!”

1. kai says:

awesome and beautiful :-)

ahhhhhhhhh so nice, hope to get back their someday, Hawii is beautiful!!! Can’t wait for you to show us some fun new stuff! Glad your back!

3. Christine says:

My family and I were in Oahu the same time as your family. My husband climbed Koko Head but I decided it was too much for me lol. Congrats on getting to the top.

4. Looks like a fabulous time… vacation-built memories are the best :) We just came back from Disney where I thought of you while riding the ski lift at Blizzard Beach water park- I would have NEVER gone on it if I hadn’t conquered the one at Sundance thanks to you! Love the pics, especially the one with you sporting the Phillies shirt- I think that looks familiar ;) Glad to see the family is doing well!

My favorite Sunday School teachers (who had lost a child) once told my husband and I how important it was for us to make memories with our children by taking vacations. They said kids don’t care about what kind of car you drive or what kind of house you live in, but they will forever remember the memories you created together. So, well said Stefyn!! And keep making the memories Bearnson Family!!! Love to hear all about your travels!!! :)

• kat-in-texas says:

I was at a Dental Convention today and while sitting in a particular class the speaker was saying how important it is to make memories with your family. More importantly he said to take pics of the time spent together. We tend to remember the pics of the vacations more than actually being there (and he’s right!)!!!

6. Leslie says:

that is awesome lisa

7. great pictures looks like you all had such fun – and i love what stefyn said – so true!!

8. Tammy Hughes says:

We have traveled with our children since they were infants. People always told us we were crazy but it was important for us to have family time away from “everyday life”. Our best family memories are of the great times we have had together on vacation.

I love the Phillies shirt!