Back from the Caymans!

Just got back from the Caymans yesterday morning and it was a shock to go from this:

photo copy 4 620x620 Back from the Caymans!

To this:

photo copy 5 620x620 Back from the Caymans!

It has been snowing up a storm here in Utah! I know most of the country is having freezing weather as well.

Let me just say that I think Grand Cayman is my all-time favorite family destination. It’s very clean, very family friendly, yet a fun foreign experience. We stayed in a condo right on Seven Mile Beach and it was simply heaven.

web family beach 620x413 Back from the Caymans!

The white sand and the blue waters are a sight to behold.

Some of our highlights included a bioluminescent kayak ride at midnight in the Ocean. Think “Life of Pi.” The water lit up and was like an electric shock with each stroke of the paddle. The tour starts from Rum Point and the signs at this destination are my favorite:

web rum point 620x413 Back from the Caymans!

Swimming with the stingrays was also a huge adventure:

web sting ray 2 620x413 Back from the Caymans!

web sting ray 620x413 Back from the Caymans!

I’m not in the water because there was a huge downpour at this moment and I was trying to capture it on film with a plastic “paper plate” bag around my camera! I did eventually go in!

Stand up paddle boards were also so much fun. I love those cruise ships in the background:

web paddle boarding 620x413 Back from the Caymans!

And then there were the blow holes and “Hell” and visiting the turtle farm:

web blow hole 620x413 Back from the Caymans!

web hell 533x800 Back from the Caymans!

photo copy 3 620x620 Back from the Caymans!

New Year’s Eve on Seven Mile Beach is magical. For three hours straight there were fireworks and Chinese lanterns lighting the sky. We barbecued shrimp, steak and chicken kabobs on the beach that night:

photo copy 8 620x620 Back from the Caymans!

There were fun boat rides:

photo copy 6 620x465 Back from the Caymans!

And bad wave accidents (this one literally almost knocked me out). Yes–that’s a bag of ice on my head:

web wipeout 533x800 Back from the Caymans!

And lots of exploring of the island (Steve’s pointing out a crab here):

web steve and sage 620x413 Back from the Caymans!

We also played countless volleyball, baseball and ping pong games on the beach, read great books and played Uno, Yahtzee, Catch Phrase and Taboo until the wee hours of the night.

So grateful for this thing called family and for the memories that give us roses in the cold of January!

Hope your holiday was ever so happy!

Sincerely,

January 24th is the date of my next shows on HSN (8:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m., 5:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. ET). The line up is a great one!

facebook Back from the Caymans!twitter Back from the Caymans!google plus Back from the Caymans!share save 171 16 Back from the Caymans!

23 Responses to “Back from the Caymans!”

1. Alysia H says:

Love that skirt in the”stand up paddle board” pic! Looks amazing and relaxing!

2. Jeanne Ann says:

What a great vacation and such wonderful family memories!

3. Ellen says:

What an awesome trip! My husband and I went to Grand Cayman a few years ago and did some of the same things … turtle farm, hell and swam with the stingrays. Thanks for bringing back the memories!

4. Ruth Ann Smith says:

So glad to see you made it home safely. What a wonderful trip you had, thanks so much for sharing it with us. It looks like you had a fun, fun, time. Yeah!!!! Will look forward to HSN.
    Happy New Year!!

5. jennifer olson says:

Jennifer Olson

Did you take lots of pictures to put in your project life

And were do you get one of Becky Higgins news catalog

6. Lynn L. says:

Awesome trip! Great memories!!:)

WOW…..looks fantastic!!!!! Hope to go there some day!!! Glad your home safe!

So glad y’all had fun!!!!! Thanks for sharing the beautiful pics on here and Instagram. Definitely one of the most beautiful beaches on the planet!!! Now enjoy the snow…lol.

9. mandyb says:

what a great trip…sounds like the place to go!!!
    love the pics of the turtles and sting rays!!! very cool!!!
    welcome home….hope you arent toooooooooo cold!!!

10. Carol says:

It looks so beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing. Glad you had such a wonderful time.

11. Jennifer Gresham says:

Bummer, I have heart surgery on the 24th…

12. Jennifer L says:

Grand Cayman is my all time favorite too. We’ve gone there several times through cruises and I’d love to take an all inclusive some day. I’ve been waiting for your beautiful pictures!

13. Pat says:

Looking forward to watching on the 24th!

14. Cindy B. says:

Your trip looks amazing!!! Can you share what resort you stayed at? Would love a recommendation.

• lisabearnson says:

Cindy–We stayed at Harbour Heights on Seven-Mile Beach. It’s a wonderful place–great swimming pool, private beach area, very clean, maid service, and for the Caymans, reasonable priced. Let me know if you have any other questions. So excited for you to go!!!

15. Abby says:

Awesome vacation pictures! :) I’m just curious, will you be featuring any Project Life kits on the 24th? I’m interested in getting started with PL and I’m looking for a great set. Thanks!:)

• lisabearnson says:

I’ll be selling the Cinnamon edition and possibly the Craft edition as well. Right now it’s a great price on HSN.com but it may be an even better price when I’m on air. Right now it’s slated to be presented on the 1:00 p.m. ET show. It’s an excellent price of $19.95 for the core kit plus the big pack of sheet protectors. Again–lowest price I’ve ever seen. They both happen to be two of my favorite kits as well. Stay tuned for some pics of how I used this kit later this week.

Thanks for your interest. I love Project Life!!

16. such great beautiful vacation pictures – you can see you all had a fantastic fun time -
    looking forward to your shows – and project life kits -

17. jennifer olson says:

JENNIFER OLSON

ARE YOU BRING NEW PROJECT LIFE KIT TOO

AND CAN YOU GIVE ME THE TIME TOO

8AM
    1PM
    5PM
    6PM
    ET TIME

• lisabearnson says:

Those are the correct times. There are no new Project Life kits but some great deals on existing Project Life probably in the 1:00 p.m. hour.

18. Allison Barrows says:

LOVE the vacation pics! We were there a couple years ago and visited same places!! Had so much fun!!! Thanks for sharing yours with all of us! :-)

Going on a scrapbook weekend (starts on Thursday!!) and going to use my very FIRST Project Life album and kit!! Can’t wait to see how it turns out!! Excited for your next HSN appearance too!!!

19. Looks like such a fantastic vacation!!!