Kade and Taylor will soon celebrate their one-year anniversary and Taylor wanted to surprise him with something special. Kade has been puppy hungry so Taylor drove to Idaho to pick up a new little Boxer puppy:
Ruby is her name and they simply can’t leave her out of their sight! True Puppy Love! Hmmm–I guess that makes me a grandma! I’ve heard Boxer’s are great family pets–is this true??
Only eight more days until my “Paper Crafting with Lisa Bearnson” show and I’m so excited to be featuring both the Silhouette PORTRAIT and CAMEO cutters:
Many of you snatched up the Cameo the last time I was on air. In fact it sold out! They now have been able to get a limited number of the Cameos back for my May 14th 2:00 p.m. show. Also, great news! I will be selling a limited number of Silhouette Portrait cutting machines too:
Both machines are simplly amazing! I am spoiled with the 36,000 images in the Studio store that I can download any day or night AND being able to use the fonts on my computer for cut outs. Also, I can make any invitation, party, home dec item or scrapbook pages feel like a customized masterpiece:
Here are similarities (and difference below) between the cutters:
1. The PORTRAIT and CAMEO cutting machines use the very same software – Silhouette Studio. You can draw different shapes, type your own text, trace an image or photograph, and more. You can also easily resize and manipulate your designs to your liking and then send them to the CAMEO or PORTRAIT with the click of a button.
2. The PORTRAIT and CAMEO will cut a wide array of materials. Paper and cardstock are great for making cards and scrapbook pages. Adhesive vinyl is popular for home décor and window decals.
3. Heat transfer material is perfect for making custom apparel. The CAMEO and PORTRAIT can also cut fabric and specialty materials such as sticker paper and rhinestone templates.
4. The CAMEO and PORTRAIT’S cutting mat is designed to hold your material in place during the cutting process. You can even place an assortment of smaller pieces on the mat at once and cut all the parts for a project at the same time.
5. With the CAMEO and PORTRAIT’S print & cut feature, you can print an image to your home printer and then cut right around the edge. It’s a great way to cut out printed designs with an irregular or intricate border.
Here are the FOUR major difference between the cutting machines:
1. Real Estate. The PORTRAIT is compatible with an 8.5″ x 11″ sheet of material. The CAMEO is compatible with a 12 x 12 sheet of material.
2. Price. I’m not totally sure of the HSN price but the PORTRAIT is usually around $70.00 cheaper than the CAMEO.
3. Portability. The PORTRAIT was built for compactness and portability. It’s light enough to carry with you.
4. The CAMEO comes with a $35.00 download card and the PORTRAIT comes with a $20.00 download card.
Hope this helps in your decision process.
See you tomorrow!