A Happy Week!

THANKS for all your well wishes for Collin’s two-year mission in Wellington New Zealand! Several of you live there and I’m thinking I might have to go pick up Collin in two years and host a big crop with you all! Anyone in?

Many of you asked where his friend, Ally, is going on her mission. It’s a place she and her family never imagined: Sofia Bulgaria! She knows fluent French but I don’t think that will help her learn Bulgarian! Here they are on the night they opened their mission calls.

web collin and ally 533x800 A Happy Week!

Thanks, too, for all the well wishes for my birthday over a week ago.

Steve spoiled me with a dozen roses, colorful balloons and this adorable sign he made himself!

photo 620x620 A Happy Week!

And, I’ve continued to be spoiled by family and friends!

Becky Higgins sent this unique e-card from SugarWish. You literally open the card and there are dozens of candy you can choose from to build your own box.

websugarwish1 620x413 A Happy Week!

Within days after making your selection, the above box appears magically in your  mailbox.

Here are the four candies I chose:

web candy 620x413 A Happy Week!

Have I ever mentioned that I LOVE CANDY! Pure yumminess! Thanks, BH! Oh and Ryan Gosling wrote this great quote: “Sometimes I think that the one thing I love most about being an adult is the right to buy candy wherever and whenever I want!”

Just had to show you this adorable wooden frame adorned with die-cut frames made by my pal, Michael Lazorchak:

web enjoy life1 533x800 A Happy Week!

Love how I can change my family’s photos through the year.

I got some really cool New Zealand books and missionary gear.

Two of my pals gave this New Zealand beanie to Collin:

photo copy 2 620x620 A Happy Week!

And this bicycle pillow to me as a reminder that my son will soon be riding a bike for two years:

photo copy 620x465 A Happy Week!

Thanks again to all my wonderful friends and family members for making this year’s birthday unforgettable. Wish I had a photo to share of each of you:

photo copy 3 620x465 A Happy Week!

photo copy 4 e1360122181996 620x465 A Happy Week!

web lisa and pam 620x413 A Happy Week!

(Ya gotta love photos that are blurry and have an extra  person in the background!)

Hope your week has started out great. Can’t wait to share some exciting news! Hopefully soon! (Can you guess what it is?)

share save 171 16 A Happy Week!

35 Responses to “A Happy Week!”

1. Kim H. says:

Are you going to be a grandma? EEEK!!!!

2. Cathy L. says:

Happy belated birthday! Sounds like it was lots of fun. Of course, I’m thinking the exciting news means a grandbaby is on the way!

3. Ashley M says:

Will the news be of a grandbaby? :) Happy belated Birthday!!!!

4. Shannon says:

Maybe grandbaby news!! Your last photo looks like the lady in the background is picking something out of your friends hair.

5. mandyb says:

yes lets have a crop in wellington!!!
    im in!!!!

and yes if any of your family want NZ or specifically wellington items….i am happy to get for you!!!! and by the end i am sure Collin will be supporting the All Blacks…our rugby team (think American Football with no pads!!!) so i can send those goodies too!!!

cant wait for the news either!!!!

6. Chris Cross says:

I’m guessing grandbaby as well!!

7. Wens says:

Taylor is pregnant??!!

8. Amy D says:

NONE of your recent photos have shown your DILs tummy…..I think I know!

9. Christen says:

Such great news all around! A girl in our ward is going to Bulgaria in May too… And fun for me to see Vicky in your photo ( my daughter is married is Tanner).

10. Bonnie says:

I see a future gramma-glow written all over your face!! Just think of all the scrapbooking opportunities!!!!
    That had to be the best birthday gift ever……………..

11. happy belated birthday – everyone is guessing grandbaby news — i am too – -

12. KnitterPam says:

Ooooh, I bet Kade and Taylor are having a baby! Wow, so cool for you!

13. Jennifer Smalt says:

My first thought was that your exciting news is that your going to be a Grandma! Other exciting news would be that your coming back to QVC..I miss you on there! :)

14. Nicky from Okotoks says:

hoping that it is grandbaby news – nothing quite like those little people in the world.

I am hoping that Ally loves Bulgaria. Our son in law is Bulgarian, still a citizen – and both Michelle & Z were able to visit this past year. Bulgarians love life, they are family focused people and just such giving people. Every moment that was talked about, every picture shared – they just love life.

Also wishing Collin an amazing journey in New Zealand.

Can’t wait to hear the news!!

Your gonna be a Grandmother real soon:)

16. Connie L. says:

Well, is it a grandbaby? Or are the newlyweds buying a house? Whatever it is, good news is always a blessing. Enjoy!
    PS. I love the “Enjoy Life” frame your friend gave you. Did he make the actual frame part as well? If he bought it can you post where he got it? Thanks

17. Mickey McGovern says:

I think someone is going to be a grandma!

Kade and Taylor have been busy? lol Can’t wait to hear your news!!

Love the “do” you’re sporting lately, Lisa! So pretty….like model. :)

19. Donna says:

I am guessing grandma also. Maybe Stefan is getting married. Whatever the news thanknyoubfor sharing and good luck.

20. Jen W. says:

OMG – Are YOU pregnant Lisa…..
    That would be so great!

21. Susan Ott says:

I had hoped your news would be your coming back to QVC, but I think you’re going to be a grandma!

22. Cindy says:

Does your pal Michael Lazorchak sell the wooden frame with die cut frames? Absolutely awesome! I haven’t seen one and I love the concept.

23. Dixie says:

I’m guessing a grandbaby.

24. Tracey says:

Wellington is a great place to get around, Colin will love it here and he will be safe and sound. It’s a fantastic place to live, so much to see and do. Oh yes – please come over and host a workshop. Please! :-)

25. Connie L. says:

Lisa, Check this place out for your son’s trip to New Zealand. So cool! Maybe you can go if you pick him up?

26. Cindy. Head to my blog.

Chefmike.typepad.com. Lots more info on the wooden frames.

27. Natalie says:

Sounds like you need to get the knitting needles out and congratulations if it is grandma news! I live in Australia but I will definitely be in for a crop in 2 years time!

28. Lindsay says:

Belated Happy Birthday Lisa…. I hope the exciting news is that you’re going back to QVC!! ;)

29. Ruth Ann says:

I am thinking grandbaby..

30. Lisa, I am trying to sign up for your newsletter, but each time I fill out the form, I receive an error message that the site is not working & the webmaster? needs to be contacted. I hope you can solve this soon. Looking forward to hearing from you, and I think I know about your BIG NEWS! I won’t give it away here though….new product & location?

31. Leslie says:

Congratulations to both of them! My husband has traveled to New Zealand and loved it! I’m so excited for Collin!

I just had to say that my cousin’s daughter who also speaks fluent French is currently serving in the Sofia, Bulgaria mission as well!! Her mom keeps a blog regarding her daughter’s mission experiences. If you would like to see it, let me know and I’ll email it so you. Such a testimony builder reading of her experiences.

Congrats again to both of them!! Best of luck in the upcoming months and years!

32. Christine says:

As you mentioned, it’s not a grandchild but my next guess is that you will be presenting on HSN.
    I sure hope that I am right as I really miss the shows from QVC. HSN has done a great job of keeping the scrapbooking flames from being extinguished.

33. Dell says:

You’re going to be back on TV :)
    We can all hope can’t we.