I’ve been spoiled with homemade treats, chocolates, dinners, books, flowers, balloons, fruit bouquets, sweet messages, e-mails and text messages. Thank you for your support at this trying time. I have the best friends–many that I’ve never met (you!). My body is getting stronger with each passing day and the pain is more manageable as well. Again–a huge thank you!
A friend (thanks, Sandy Mod) brought this cake over last night and it’s simply to die for! Oh–and it makes road rash disappear!
Here is the recipe:
Dulce De Leche Cake
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 pint Hagen Daz Dulce de Leche Ice cream
- Glaze Ingredients:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons cream
- Carmel Sauce (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Butter and flour a 10 cup Bundt pan.
3. Sit ice cream on your counter to thaw and get soft and melted.
4. Combine eggs, oil and melted ice cream. Mix well.
5. Add cake mix and combine well.
6. Bake cake for 35 minutes or until it tests done when a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
7. Let cake cool for 10 minutes before inverting it onto a serving dish.
8. Combine glaze ingredients.
9. Glaze the cake while still warm.
10. Serve with a caramel drizzle.
These 3-D embellishments also make me soooo happy! They will be available exclusive to HSN on September 17th (either 10 a.m., 2:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. ET).
In a nutshell–both this cake and these 3-D stickers make me HAPPY RIGHT NOW–TODAY!
Stay tuned tomorrow for more goodness.