“Be Still My Soul!”

Thanks for all your comments about my last HSN show! Hopefully you didn’t miss out on the amazing savings on Project Life items. I got a note from the buying team yesterday that said you all know a good deal when you see one! Almost every Project Life product has sold out but these four items (as of yesterday)! I so hope you were able to get one of the Cinnamon Project Life kits!

So sorry about the 5-7 p.m. hours. HSN had to make a last minute switch (it had nothing to do with crafting products) and I tried to be cheerful about the change! Yes it’s true that some of my items were sold out, but there were many that I was so excited to showcase. It really was beyond any of our control.

Stay tuned for March 24th–the next big craft day. I have tons of new, new, new including a two new Project Life kits! Please be assured that HSN is still very dedicated to the crafting market.

Now on to my next subject: songs! Several weeks ago I was rocking out to one of my favorite songs by Fun. I love the beat and thought I loved the lyrics:

“Some Nights”

Some nights I stay up cashing in my bad luck
Some nights I call it a draw

Some nights I wish that my lips could build a castle
Some nights I wish they’d just fall off
But I still wake up, I still see your ghost
Oh, I’m still not sure what I stand for oh
Whoa oh oh (What do I stand for?)
Whoa oh oh (What do I stand for?)
Most nights I don’t know anymore…
Oh, whoa, oh, whoa, oh, whoa, oh, oh,
Oh, whoa, oh, whoa, oh, whoa, oh, oh
What? I thought I loved these lyrics but truthfully I don’t even understand what the first four lines mean. I thought I loved the chorus but started belting it and couldn’t believe I was singing “What do I stand for? Some nights I don’t know anymore.”
First of all, NO–there aren’t nights when I don’t know what I stand for any more. I always know where I stand! Second, the lyrics of the entire song don’t make any sense. Third, there is a really bad swear word towards the end that I’ve never even noticed. Sadly, this song has the darn catchiest tune but I won’t be singing it any more now that I really know what the lyrics are.
A few weeks later, Sage and I were driving listening to the radio. Sage kept switching channels saying “this one has bad lyrics and this one has a bad word and the meaning behind this one is not good.” I was shocked! I felt so yucky inside and that’s when I decided to take the 30-day to listen to inspirational challenge. I’ve been doing it the entire month of January and I’ve felt so joyful and less burdened.
Yesterday, I was driving home at dusk. This beautiful scene was before me:
photo copy 11 620x620 Be Still My Soul!
David Archuleta was singing “Be Still My Soul” (simply divine!) on my Pandora radio and I felt peaceful, happy and like I could conquer the world. YES–words and lyrics do make a difference. Take the 30-day challenge and see for yourself!
My favorite radio station for inspirational music is K-Love. (They have a 30-Day challenge on their site.) My favorite Pandora station is Hilary Weeks.
I’ll start reveal some of the new items I’ll be selling on March 24th soon! Also some great deals on HSN.com.
share save 171 16 Be Still My Soul!

21 Responses to ““Be Still My Soul!””

1. rosa neno says:

I love to listen to K-Love! you can even listen to it on your I-Phone, I-Pad, and streaming on your computer. Get the K-love apps, it really helps when you are travelling to always have the music. It truly makes a difference to have music reminding us how much our Lord and Saviour loves us!!

2. Addie says:

I’m so glad you posted information about what happened at HSN. I really did not feel good about that at all. I know viewers don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes or what contractual issues may be involved with other companies and products. It’s good to be reminded that there are crucial company issues that have nothing to do with the tip of the ice berg we see. I really did think crafting was going bye-bye!

3. jennifer olson says:

Jennifer say

Do you know your time yet on march 24

We missed you

and what are you being new cre kit too

4. jennifer olson says:

Jennifer Olson

do you know no you r time on march 24

we miss you to show us more scrapbook shows

and what are the new core kits too

5. Ana Liza C. says:

Can’t wait to see you again at HSN but March is such a long time!!! :)

6. Karen P says:

This is the second year I’ve done the 30-day challenge with K-Love. It definitely makes a difference what you feed your soul on a daily basis.

7. Heidi C says:

Lisa, I love your positive attitude. It’s contagious :) I’m so glad to hear that HSN is dedicated to crafting and it was just a fluke that your shows got cancelled. So excited to receive my cinnamon kit and can’t wait to see what fun, new spring things you have in store for us!

8. Denise Ward says:

Listening to Christian music truly is encouraging and uplifting! I’ve done so for years and it has made a dramatic difference in my life! Not all secular music is bad, of course, but what you hear on KLove will never disappoint you like the experience you had with “Some Nights” nor will it be a bad influence on your children. Our minds are like computers; whatever message we program there will stay. Putting Light and Love in there is much better than anything else the world has to offer.

9. Lynette says:

I was noticing that about song lyrics the other day too. I like inspirational music and listen to it a lot, but sometimes I just want something fun too. I love Meghan Smith, Mindy Gledhill, and I just discovered Hayley Sales. They are all happy, upbeat singers. And as far as I know, the lyrics are great. :)
    I can’t wait to see the new stuff you’re selling. I just got the stamp kit from inspired inc, and LOVE it. Now I gotta find some more good ink! Thanks for the great products!

10. Karen says:

I agree with you about music choices making a difference in your day. I love to listen to WMHK- its a popular Christian radio station here. It is so uplifting and calming. Now I also love other music played on other stations, but I too have caught myself realizing the lyrics of a song or two, and being disappointed… It is especially hard with teenagers and trying to make them aware of the music choices just because “everyone else is listening to it”. Especially when they have the catchiest tune… Can’t wait to see you in March..

11. Faye Thompson says:

Thank you for answering all of our concerns regarding the preemption of your shows on the 24th. I never blame you or anyone other products demonstrator when HSN cancels your show. It definitely is “someone” else’s decision. I always feel sorry for you demonstrators and we customers. I have seen HSN do this before and it displeases us all. There were plenty of other products you could have brought on. We crafters don’t have that many choices for programming on the products we love. It is very important that HSN realize their position in the crafting world. The 5 to 7 hours are important to crafters that have to work. That’s when we get home and look forward to seeing what you have brought. We get so many wonderful ideas from those demos. Hopefully, it won’t happen again.
    Again, Lisa, thank you for mentioning our concerns.

12. Kelly Koesters says:

Beautiful scene. I listen to 104.9 The River in Columbus, Ohio. They had a 30 (or maybe 40) day challenge after Christmas. I try to listen to this station often (sometimes I do switch over to country or oldies) but after hearing about (I did not watch thankfully) the Grammy award show I felt kind of the same as you. Most of the kids do not even realize what they are listening to ( and sadly most adults too)!

I enjoy the uplifting and inspirational music very much and I try to keep it on in my car!

Thanks for sharing your story Lisa!!

Kelly

Pickerington, Ohio

That’s a beautiful song to go along with an incredible pic!! Y’all definitely have the BEST scenery up there in the Great State of Utah!! We only listen to Christian music at work and for that I am soooo thankful. I’ll have to check out Hilary Weeks on Pandora too. Thanks for sharing!!!

14. Julie says:

I think I was meant to read this today.

Just lately I’ve been struggling to get started on reading the scriptures. I have a really bad concentration span & struggle with reading a chapter of The Book of Mormon etc every day.

In the past couple of years I’ve done my scripture study by listening to & learning about the hymns & I plan to start it in Februrary, tho this time I’m doing it with learning about the songs from the Children’s song book.

Music really does inspire me & helps keep me in tune.

Have you heard of the group Afterglow? They’re brill.

Thanks for a great blog:)

15. rose says:

the picture you posted is just so beautiful – - i didnt realize the words of the song either – -
    i am glad there was an explanation about your shows – i agree with other scrappers – we dont have much around for scrapping especially in new jersey – - so we look forward to your shows
    looking forward to march 24.

16. Brigitta says:

I made the switch to full time KLOVE years ago and I haven’t looked back. Words do make a difference, a huge difference. I am uncomfortable listening to “popular” music as the messages are often rude, crude, or full of thoughts of fornication or adultery. No thank you, I’ll be celebrating 30 years married to my high school sweetheart this July and I much rather fill my mind with thoughts of joy, kindness and gratefulness.
    The change of music does also come with greater patience,empathy, and love for others. I feel it’s a win – win, better for me, and better for those around me.

17. jennifer olson says:

JENNIFER OLSON

CAN YOU TELL ME THE TIME FOR March 24

I k-love too

are you have a 24 hour craft show

18. mandyb says:

oh i love that song!!! listening to it now!!!
    love that pic too!!!

and oh i found ya on you tube…..a delayed HSN video!!!! go you!!!
    glad the trip/work went well!!!

and so glad you had a a great birthday!!

19. Wendy says:

I also listen to KLOVE constantly and it does make a difference! So glad we have stations in the US like this!

Have a good week and I’ll be watching again in March when you are on HSN!

20. Kim W. says:

Lisa, I doubt if they understand what the lyrics mean. I started listening to K-Love 4 years ago and never listen to anything else. Put good in, get good out! Love you friend!

21. Lois DiCicco says:

Thanks for letting us know what happened with HSN on Jan 24. I kept checking the whole time to see if you would be on. My daughter said, “Mom, you really wanted to watch this show, didn’t you?” (I had recorded the 2 hours as well!) I’m SO happy that you will be back in March! What you do really means a lot to so many of us out here. Thanks for all you do to keep this industry fresh and fun, for now and the next generation.