August 20th, 2014
Yep–a big craft day on HSN is right around the corner–September 2nd to be exact. I just got the final lineup for the day and all I can say is “deals, deals, and more deals!” I am blown away by the extra-low prices that will be offered that day. I’ll be featuring some of these products in the coming days. I’m on air with several items in four “Paper Crafting Essentials” shows. They are at 2 am (ET), 7 am (ET), 10 am (ET) and 4 pm (ET).
I know I keep talking about my amazing girls-only camping trip but it’s still so fresh AND fun in the my mind! I mentioned all of the girls putting together six years of camping memories in one mini Project Life album. I had so such a great time showing them the ease of Project Life.
I also took up an Inspired Inc. 3D Embellishment Kit. They were crazy about the dimensional designs, the foil and glitter looks, and how nicely they worked on the Project Life cards.
These are new to HSN. In fact, I haven’t even showed them on air yet. Go here to see the complete collection.
Speaking of Project Life, the big Azure kit collection is going to be offered for a STELLAR price on September 2nd. Don’t pay any attention to the price on the link. Just gear up to buying several on this day because the price will be so amazing. Oh–and along with the core kit, it also comes with 24 12 x 12 sheets of matching paper, 12 overlays and 12 dividers. It also happens to be one of my most favorite core kits ever. The colors just pop off the page and work for every type of memory!
Several people have asked what we eat while we’re camping. We eat VERY well but make it VERY easy. Here’s just a little sampling of the kind of foods we ate on our girls-only trip. (Great job with the iPhone pics, Kerri!)
Oh–and our favorite game this year was:
Can’t wait to share more HSN goodies soon!
August 18th, 2014
Dang it! I’m sad to say that it’s the last day of summer vacation for the Bearnson gals. We have partied hard this summer and have taken lots of photos along the way.
1. We recently went to a friend’s ranch and Sage and I had a blast doing a little four wheeling!
On the way, we ran into this road block:
Talk about a major traffic jam!
2. Steve has been having his own fun on the mountain biking trails. He recently rode in this beautiful terrain for two days with some buddies:
Since my accident a year ago, I still haven’t gotten back on my bike yet. The nerves take over and the pain of my broken shoulder and road rash make me shutter to the very core. I know, I know–it’s time to get back on the saddle and face my fears. One of these days …
3. Our next door neighbors made a quick decision and got a six-week puppy last Wednesday. That night, they realized they were both going out of town for three days. The Bearnson family to the rescue! We watched “Roe” and I have to admit–I grew kinda fond of the little gal!
I’ll share back to school photos and that yummy pasta salad recipe soon. Summer has been so crazy! Life should slow down a bit.
Enjoy those last few days of summer!
August 13th, 2014
My last blog post told about the joys of camping with my “3B Outdoor Co.” girls. One of the best parts of “glamping” are the crafts we each bring. This year Kristy brought safety pins and beads to make bracelets. I brought Maggie Holmes Project Life kits to create scrapbooks of our past five years of camping together. (I will show the album that Sage created at a later date.)
And Kerri spearheaded our camp shirts using a totally different technique than I’d ever seen.
It involved the Speedball printing screen:
A custom vinyl design by Kerri that was cut using the Silhouette Cameo. It was then adhered on the Speedball screen.
And, Speedball paint that was wiped over the vinyl design:
I love the results:
Go to Kerri’s blog for complete instructions.
I also love the seventeen sets of images that Kerri made to celebrate our camping trip. (Notice how the trailer was used in the above shirt.) There are a steal of a deal on her site. All these Happy Camper images for only $7.00.
Can’t wait to share Brecken’s recipe with you this Friday!
August 11th, 2014
I’ve been on girls-only getaways for the past week and having way too much fun! Sorry for the lack of writing but there was no internet service where I was.
1. The “3B Outdoor Company” was at it once again! Oh how we look forward to our annual girls-only “glamping” trip. Kerri Bradford, Kristy Banks and Lisa Bearnson (yep–that’s me) established this tradition in 2009. (This pic was taken this year.)
Here’s how it goes: Our hubbies drag our trailers up the canyon, set up our camp sites, then leave their wives and daughters there for four days to fend for themselves :) ! They return four days later to drag the trailers back down the mountain. What sweet men! We simply have the time of our lives playing games, reading, watching chick flicks, going on walks, eating delicious food, singing, dancing, telling stories, making bon fires and laughing ’til it hurts!
Thanks for taking the picture, Cali! The blonde girl in the back is Sage’s friend, Mary.
2. You probably noticed our adorable t-shirts! Yes–we made them while were were in the mountains! They were the brainchild of Kerri Bradford. She designed them using the Silhouette Cameo and a few other little secrets.
Kerri will share the instructions on her blog on Wednesday. Stay tuned!
3. Many of you have commented on my husband’s weight loss. I’m super proud of him! He’s lost 60 pounds since November 30th! I also love how NOTHING inconveniences this guy. The trailer had a slight mishap a few weeks ago where the steps were ripped off. We were fine using a ladder to get in the trailer but it wasn’t good enough for my hubby. The stairs came in the day after our girls trip and he made the two-hour trip to install them for us! What a guy!
Only one more week until school starts. I’m super sad! I’m gonna miss my kids being here during the day.
Hope you’re finding joy in the journey.
August 4th, 2014
Happy Monday, Everyone!
1. I’m off for my annual girls-only camping trips with the three Bs: Banks, Bradford and Bearnson! Yep–Kerri, Kristy and I established this tradition in 2009 and the legacy continues! Our group’s name is “3B Outdoor Co!” I’m taking Project Life core kits and albums plus pics from the last six years so each family can create Happy Camper scrapbooks!
2. Wait until you see what Kerri Bradford (KBS) is creating for our trip. I’ll unveil the pics when I get home but here is a sneak peak:
3. Speaking of Miss Bradford, it’s her studio’s fourth birthday! I’m always in love with Kerri’s creativity–her designs are always my favorite. EVERYTHING in her store is 30% off until Sunday. Yep–EVERYTHING! Go here to shop and use coupon “birthday4.” Plus hurry over now and enter a big giveaway!
Can’t wait to share memories of the next few days with you. Stay tuned!